At 16 (in 2003), I didn’t want a new car like all my friends; I wanted a leopard gecko. My bargaining chip was that leopard geckos are much cheaper than a car, and it worked. I had already done a ton of research, but the research never ends; by the time Banon was 5, I had changed her enclosure setup and care several times, trying to find the best care for her. I had also started researching breeding and other gecko species.
About 6 months later, I received Anubis. He was about a year old or so and would not breed. It didn’t take long, and I had a gravid gecko on my hands.
After Banon laid her first fertile clutch of eggs, I started doing more and more research on breeding leopard geckos. I eventually bought higher end geckos and found myself learning about the different leopard gecko morphs.
This fascination grew into other species. At one time, I was breeding several gecko species, to include leopard geckos, African fat tail geckos, crested geckos, gargoyle geckos, and p. Bastardi geckos, and I was researching snakes and tortoises.
Banon died January 2014; she was about 12 years old. Anubis passed away late 2013 at about 11 years old. I still have one SHTCTB leopard gecko, but I have moved my focus more towards Rhacodactylus geckos, selling all of my other leopard geckos.
Geckos aren’t my only passion. I do have snakes and a few tortoise species.
My favorite snake is probably the Brazilian Rainbow Boa, but unfortunately the female I rescued years back died of unknown causes probably related the the improper care she had before I rescued her.
My favorite tortoises include sulcata tortoises, Russian tortoises, and red foot tortoises. I find tortoises to be quite calming.
Other Miscellaneous Info
- I have an Associate’s degree in business and a Bachelor’s degree in political science.
- I currently work a full time job in marketing, but spent about 5 years working in purchasing and accounting.
- I enjoy reading fiction.
- I write fiction and have been working on a book, but I tend to find myself suffering writer’s block.
- I maintain various blogs and websites about reptiles, dogs, crafts, and vampires.
- I find making jewelry and crafting helps lower my stress levels.